This is the privacy notice of “Modern Laminates”
We”, “our”, or “us” refer to “Modern Laminates”
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions on how we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality.
- We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations with you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data.
- We do not share, or sell, or disclose any information collected through our website to a third party.
Information we process with your consent
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us to do so. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- Whether the same objective could be achieved through other meansWhether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- Whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- Record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration
- Responding to an unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- Protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- Insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- Protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
- Sending a message from our website contact form
- When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person. Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website.
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information Data is processed within the European Union
Our websites are hosted in the United Kingdom. Our servers are in London and our suppliers are based in Coventry.
Access to your personal information
At any time, you may request what information we have about you. We take reasonable measures to keep off-line data safe and secure.
Removal of your information
On request, we will delete all information we hold about you. Be aware that we will not be able to recover data that we have been asked to delete. This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to delete personal information, we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested
- To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities
- To support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance with the law
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website.